With the help of another local Minot business, The Minot Voice is taking an important step in the direction of becoming one of your daily news sources. We’ve got a new ‘Voice’ participating, and the news they deliver may be among the most important of all for a small community. From today forward, Thompson Larson Funeral Home will be contributing obituaries. We’ll be reaching out to other area funeral homes in time with the hope that they’ll also choose to add their news on behalf of the families they’re serving.
And of course, on The Minot Voice we’ve chosen to deliver this content a little differently than you’re accustomed to seeing it online. Here’s what you can expect to find.
- Advertising Free. As our local funeral homes will be responsible for publishing and managing their content, each single obituary will feature a small funeral home section at the bottom. The rest of the page will treat the content with the respect it deserves and will remain free of all advertising.
- Galleries. For those families that want to contribute a pictorial memorial of their loved one, we’ve included that ability. Use of this service is at the discretion of family and funeral home.
- Guest Books and Memorials. Quickly visit online guest books provided by our funeral homes to share your condolences electronically. And if a family has provided instructions for memorials, we’ve given funeral homes the ability to facilitate an expression of sympathy through various online channels.
- Remember. Registered and logged in users will notice the ‘myPeople’ button on our social sharing bar. Use it to remember your friends and loved ones and access your saved content through your myVoice page.
- Search Easily. The search form is at the top of the obituaries archive, and the results only return people.
You can find the obituaries from any page by using the main menu on the left or at the top — depending on your monitor size.