Anonymity on the Internet has been disastrous for public discourse because user-names allow people to write inflammatory, offensive, disrespectful, or just-plain-wrong things without any fear of public redress.
A healthy community needs constructive criticism, people questioning decisions, and we need leadership held to high standards, but in a small town, it needs to happen respectfully. We’re going to encourage that respect by requiring you to participate as your self, wearing your full, real world name. You will always be able to view for free, but if you want to be a part of the community, comment, and participate, you’ll have to do it as your self.
Registering is easy and fast… Register Here.
The Information We Need & Privacy Issues…
We only need the basics… name, email, and phone number. We will never ask for more and don’t want it! A few other things worth knowing…
- It’s Free! Basic usage of our network is free. Some services cost money, but if it does, it will always be obvious.
- Your phone number and email will never be made public unless you specifically choose to display them in some location like a classified ad. You will always be given the choice to display this information.
- Occasionally our polls and surveys will require you be registered. It’s because we want the data gathered to have real value. Your submission will still be anonymous, but to avoid multiple submissions and people who have no business chiming in from skewing results, we’ll require you register.
- We keep track of how the website is used and which pages are visited, but this information remains anonymous. In other words, we know when someone visited a page, but we don’t who it was.
- Some services do cost money and we use PayPal to handle all payment processing when required. This means we never have access to and don’t want the responsibility of managing financial information. And by the way, PayPal is good at what they do!